Sunday, February 3, 2008

A day with the girls






I was invited to a Mary Kay party yesterday. I wasn't really too interested in the makeover and just wanted an excuse to get out and be social. The others there were all from my exercise class at work and this was the first time I got to see them in another setting and get to know them better. They were so much fun and it was a great way to talk and "be girly" and have a good time. Check out Denise's lashes! (sorry, Denise, I gotcha before you had a chance to wipe off that extra mascara on your eyelid ;)





Denise was our hostess and uses the product but the main reason she hosted the event was to get this watch. These companies are always dangling something that you can't get any other way except to hostess. It drives me crazy. It is a pretty watch, though....






One of the women brought her daughter who is sixteen years old. She was so sweet! I love it when a teenager can hang out with adults and not act like they're being tortured. She has a cell phone and showed us the creative way she takes close-up pictures of things to put as her wallpaper on the phone kinda like this (it's a Mary Kaye box):




When the make-over session was done and the Mary Kaye lady finished schpeel about hosting a party or becoming a consultant, blah, blah, blah, we all started talking about how hungry we were and made a break for the local diner. The diner was a perfect ending with good food and good company. I have to show you their most popular desert because this blew me away.



It's the fried twinkie and oreo cookie! How bad can this be for you!? Something made out of artificial everything, covered in pancake batter and dunked in grease. After that they drown it in chocolate and strawberry syrup and whipped cream. I actually saw one of 'em come out of the kitchen and it was a sight to see!

1 comment:

El PatrĂ³n Lo dice Y Lo Reitera: said...

I hope you didn´t eat one of those 8-)