Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Anyway, the purpose of my message is to let the Palestinians know that I am thinking of them and wish them happiness. Of course I want the Israelis to be happy too. I wish they could both find a way to do this.
My messages says, "Ellie in the USA wishes Palestians could move freely & be happy." Here are the photos they sent me (they guy spraying it is kinda cute):
Click on any of the photos to enlarge....
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
For those of you out there who are shaking your heads and thinking it's not so, I have a question for you. Even if you don't believe that the earth is warming, shouldn't you still do what you can to pollute less or be more "green?" You might not believe it will have any impact on the climate change but it sure wouldn't hurt it either, would it?
Now that we have that settled, everyone watch this cool promo video for Earth Hour. It's happening on March 28, 2009 at 8:30pm. Everyone shut your lights off for one hour. If nothing else, it'll look really cool from space! You can even go to their website and make a pledge to do so. If you need another reason to do it, here's the last one I'll list: Do it to make Ellie happy!
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
- Ellie is wearing her jelly bean necklace so it's gonna be a good day!
- Ellie thinks VMI's new lunch spot is awesome and almost peed her pants because there's a Quiznos in it!!!!
- Ellie is reliving her battle with the intestinal bug vicariously.
- Ellie just spent $2.84 at Goodwill to entertain her kids for the rest of the afternoon!
- Ellie is blinded by the whiteness!
- Ellie is listening to her daughter sing "What I Like About You" on the karaoke machine. She's pretty good!
- Ellie doesn't want to start any blasphemous rumours.......
- Ellie has had a change of heart and decided she shouldn't pass judgement on Sunday morning stoned guys.
- Ellie saw some robots today and was relieved they didn't stage an uprising.
- Ellie wants her mom. Mamita....¿Dónde está usted cuando estoy enferma?
- Ellie is Blago got Burris' son a job?! C'MON!!! Resign already!!!!
- Ellie HAD to add salt to her low sodium soup......
- Ellie thinks those raised as only children should be required to enroll in sharing seminars.
- Ellie just ate a ham sandwich on Ash Wednesday! D'oh!!!
- Ellie is putting on her nurse hat today but promises not to call anyone "pathetic."
OMG! That means I change my status 2.14 times a day! Besides doing that, I am checking out everyone's pictures, posting my own pictures, IMing, posting links & clips, commenting on everyone else's stuff, taking care of my SuperPoke Pet (it sounds ridiculous, even as I'm typing it), giving out virtual gifts. I'm out of control! Cheri is right!!! No wonder my house is such a mess!
I plan on getting a grip soon, just one more quick peek at Facebook......
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
I just turned forty-four last month and will be lucky, if I make it to eighty-eight so, given that, it seems my life has already reached the halfway point. It's morbid to think about and most people would rather not but that's not me. I've become more diligent about taking care of myself in recent years - at least doctor-wise. I recently went through the required six month dental exam, and the always fun pap smear exam. I came out with referrals to schedule a dermatology appointment for my sun damaged skin, and a mammogram as well as some physical therapy for my right arm which isn't quite right. Man, do I sound old, or what?! While I recognize the importance of a healthy diet and exercise, I have much room for improvement in these areas. All these things, I know, will help me prolong my life and achieve a better quality of life in my remaining years but here's the thing.....
If I do all the things that I'm supposed to and have a body that is in peak condition in my senior years, I could very well have a brain that doesn't keep pace. Then my old brain will be trapped in a very healthy body with years and years to go. I've seen it happen and it's awful!
So, should I worry about flossing, less exposure to the sun, eating rabbit food all the time, working out, drinking less, and all the other un-fun stuff I'm supposed to be doing or should I throw caution to the wind and go out and do what I enjoy? Or is there a balance? That's what I'm trying to come to terms with now.....
Go ahead! Give me your 2 cents!