Thursday, July 17, 2008

Let's party!!!!!!

We were invited to an 80's party in the neighborhood. You can't believe the excitement and preparation it has evoked in me and my husband. It's bordering on pathetic the extent to which we are preparing for it. What am I saying?! There's no bordering! We're way BEYOND pathetic. Regardless. We are assembling our "outfits" (my husband just modeled his and I must say he looked hotter than I've seen him in ages - not joking), and we have put together our top eight song lists, as requested. What's really funny is how different our lists are and how much we despise each other's! Here they are (guess which one is mine and which one is my husband's - it's not hard):

List One (hit play at the bottom of my blog to hear some of them)
  1. Def Leppard - Another Hit and Run
  2. Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell
  3. AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long
  4. Judas Priest - Living After Midnight
  5. Guns N’ Roses - Sweet Child o’ Mine
  6. Twisted Sister - I Wanna Rock (full version – with Neidermeyer at the beginning)
  7. The Scorpions - Rock You Like a Hurricane
  8. Sammy Hagar - I Can’t Drive 55
List Two
  1. The Smiths - Girlfriend in a Coma
  2. Talk Talk - Such a Shame
  3. Erasure - Hideaway
  4. New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle
  5. Depeche Mode - Everything Counts
  6. Violent Femmes - Add It Up
  7. Wham! - Freedom
  8. Traci Ullman - They Don't Know
I have also pulled out my talking Pee Wee Herman doll to use as a party decoration and have some bodacious Tiger Beat posters that I'm loaning the hosts. I have 100+ 45's that I'm considering bringing over but am afraid might get trashed in the exuberance of the evening. I don't know about the rest of 'em but I'm "going to party like it's 1999!"

No comments: