Thursday, December 6, 2007

Intolerance again



I took this picture of a poster at my local post office. Look! Someone loves Muslims because the tore a heart-shaped hole out of the Eid greetings stamp.



For those of you not familiar, Eid ul-Adha is a religious festival celebrated by Muslims worldwide as a commemoration of Ibrahim's (Abraham's) willingness to sacrifice his son Ismael for Allah. Men, women, and children are expected to dress in their finest clothing, share their feasts with the poor and hungry, and are expected to visit their relations, starting with their parents, then their families and friends. Sounds nice, huh? The festival moves around because it's set by the Islamic calendar which is lunar. This year it will be celebrated on December 20th.



Turns out I was wrong in my previous post on this topic and you CAN purchase these stamps now! I think that's awesome and I've decided that in the spirit of tolerance towards all faiths, all my Christmas cards will be sent using these stamps!

No comments: