Monday, December 24, 2007

Twas the night before Christmas....


It's Christmas Eve and I'm waiting for my kids to fall asleep. I'm drinking a pomegranate martini that anorexic Barbie has served me. Look at her! She's lost all her boobs and her head is mutantly large!



We had a good day of snacks, opening presents, and doing good deeds. A few years back we started the tradition of opening on present an hour. It stretches out the fun and makes the kids appreciate each gift a little more. My son is a little materialistic at the moment and today, if he opened a gift that was not quite exciting in the mind of a six year old, he let his displeasure show. Like when he opened this.





We had to have a few talks throughout the day and I'm not sure how much has sunk in. I hope it does because my dad and I have been discussing gift-giving for the kids and I assured him that my children will be properly grateful no matter what they receive. I picture that scene from "Babe" where the little girl screams, "I want the one I saw on the television!" when her grandfather gives her a beautifully detailed doll house that he put his blood, sweat and tears into making. If something like that happens with my kids, I'm packing up all the toys and taking them to Goodwill!



Everyone dream of sugar plums!

No comments: