Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Our second Christmas water incident...



...the first incident happened two years ago when it rained and rained on Chrismtas Eve and our chimney sprung a leak.

This was the scene shortly before our Christmas came crashing down all about us. My husband and son were harmoniously assembling a Lego space craft, my daughter was playing with her virtual dog and I was trying to keep the house put together. Then my son went to his room and we heard him say, "I am in such big, big trouble!" This was our heads up that he had left his sink, which he stopped up, with the tap running for I can't imagine how long. It was almost like the cartoons where you open the door and a wall of water comes crashing towards you!





Every single drawer (removed and drying now on our screen porch) was FILLED with water! My husband sucked up two shop-vac containers of water! I can see us in our eighties recounting the Christmas our son flooded his bathroom in graphic detail to a room of disinterested people.....





On a happier note, check out all the awesome books my father-in-law gave me for Christmas! Can't wait to dig in!!





We're heading to OH-IO! tomorrow morning for a week so the posts stop here until 1/3/08. It's silly to post since all my readers are the people we're going to see but, just in case there are lurkers...

No comments: