Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Poem

Last year I went to visit my brother in Omaha over St. Patrick's Day. We went downtown and, at one point, I had to pee. On the bathroom wall there was some graffiti that I shared with my brother after coming out. I couldn't remember it exactly but summarized something about a "bedframe of bones." As the night wore on and we had drank a draft or two, we began to embellish the quote and slowly it morphed into a poem that HAD to be recited in an Schwarzznegger voice. When we got home that night, we put pen to paper and came up with this. My one and only YouTube posting. It still cracks me up (as you can hear in the background giggling)!



The next day, I just had to get back to that bathroom and take a picture of the quote. It was locked and my flight was leaving that day. We hung around as long as we could and miraculously, the janitor came in the nick of time to unlock the bathroom. Here's the original quote:



Now you know that I'm not the only one in the family who is wierd.....

No comments: