Monday, March 31, 2008

If your life was a soundtrack....

My fellow blogger, Kimberly, was tagged to do this by another blogger. I happened to nose in on it and couldn't resist! It's fun!

Here’s how it works:
1. open your library (iTunes, winamp, media player, iPod)
2. put it on shuffle
3. press play
4. for every question, type the song that’s playing
5. new question — press the next button
6. don’t lie and try to pretend you’re cool

opening credits: "You Raise Me Up” by Josh Groban

waking up: "Wake Me Up When September Ends" – Green Day (spooky!)

first day at school: "But Not Tonight" – Depeche Mode (early bedtime, dontcha know?)

falling in love: "New Shoes" – Paolo Nutini (yeah, ok)

breaking up: "Any Dream Will Do" – Donnie Osmond in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (?????)

prom: "Goodbye My Lover" – James Blunt (should’ve come up for the last one, huh? It almost fits my prom except he wasn't my lover and I only said "goodbye" because he had a cold sore and I didn't want to kiss him)

life’s okay: "Smalltown Boy" – Bronski Beat (a song about a boy whose life is not so ok...)

mental breakdown: "Chorus (Covered Up The Sun)" - Erasure

driving: "El Salvador"- Athlete (roadtrip to El Salvador!!!!! Come on!!)

flashback: "Tell Me When" – Human League (how perfect is that!)

getting back together: "Crosstown Traffic" – Jimi Hendrix (this is my husbands song but I think it fits pretty well)

wedding: "Sandy"- Aileen Quinn from the musical, Annie (OK, if the wedding is between two dogs....)

birth of child: "Love Don’t Live Here" – Lady Antebellum (an iTunes freebie that I should delete as it’s a terrible birth song!)

final battle: "Crazy For You" - Madonna (???????)

death scene: "Long Ago and Far Away" – James Taylor (that would be a weird death scene)

end credits: "Can’t Help Falling In Love" – Elvis Presley (you can't beat ending with Elvis!)

The song that came up next was "You Suck" – The Murmurs. I wish it would've come up for the break up song. It's a song that always makes me smile because it's so bluntly honest about breaking up!

Ok, your turn! I tag David, Edgar & Cheryl, Brooke, k, Julie and anyone else who wants it!

1 comment:

kate said...

oh this looks fun! thanks for tagging me...i'm gonna go do it now! :)