Sunday, June 22, 2008

I've been censored

Two days ago I wrote about my thoughts on a controversial topic. I tried to write about it honestly and put something out there that might provoke those on either side to rethink their positions and find a middle ground.

I used experiences I recently had as examples and broke my promise of keeping family members out of this blog. That was a mistake and I will try to do better at remembering that promise.

I was initially told that my post was offensive and later the message was toned down to remind me to think about what my readers might feel when they read what I write. I thought I was doing that. I knew when I wrote it that it might make some uncomfortable and I was nervous about posting it. I was told that it wasn't so much the topic but the use of personal examples. I suppose this point is valid. I have a hard time understanding the sensitivity and thin skins of some people as I am not this way. To tip toe around sensitive people kinda makes me crazy.

If any of you got to read it before I took it down, let me know what you think. I put a lot of thought into what I said and was kind of proud of it. Hopefully, I'll be brave enough to write on a controversial topic again and keep it posted.

No comments: