- Stamp and create cards with my mom
- Learn to crochet a granny square
- Listen to and document stories of their past
- Discuss life, religion, parenting, family (this one comes naturally and will be easy)
- Discuss their finances (for the sake of of curiosity and understanding and not because I think they're in trouble or plan on asking for a loan)
- Make a plan to celebrate my dad's 70th year of life milestone
- Get an update on my mom's health and Parkinsons progression
- Learn some traditional Mexican songs
- Help my dad with figure out Facebook
- Play board games
- Be pleasant, cheerful company and not revert to the self-centered, whininess of my youth!
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Things I want to do with my parents
I'm going to be visiting my parents soon. I don't get to see them as often as I'd like. We live about a six hour drive from each other. Since our visits are only a few times a year I like to get the most out of them. I've put together a list of things I want to do with mom and dad. I plan to use it as a check list so I don't forget anything. We'll see how well I do.....