Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Olympics


The Olympics are winding down and I've watched a total of maybe ten minutes. That's not to say it hasn't been on for major portions of the prime time viewing hours. My husband was late coming to bed more than a few times in the past two weeks. I personally am not affected by the spectacle, though, for some reason. Here are my observations from the hype I hear from everyone else:
  • Michael Phelps is a good swimmer but he's not all that cute and his swimsuit always looks like it's about to fall off (Is it deliberate?).
  • China cheats in gymnastics and all the other countries (including the United States) are too wussy to confront them.
  • There are a disproportionate amount of homosexual men competing in men's diving. ...not that there's anything wrong with that...
  • The U.S. women's beach volleyball team rocks!
  • The following Olympic events are silly - Badminton, Rhythmic Gymnastics and Trampoline
  • I feel bad for that little girl who sang the motherland song in the opening ceremony and think she is WAY cute!
So now that it's over, let's bring on the DNC!!!!!!

No comments: